Sunday, May 16, 2010

Doot doo doot...

Keeping up with this is proving harder than I thought. I should keep a printed copy of this list so I can be reminded of what I set out to do and actually do it.

This weekend I finally got my gait analyzed at Jack Rabbit Sports. I started running a year ago and instead of getting a gait analysis, I assumed I needed motion control shoes for my foot type. All the running magazines said so. Turns out, I don't even need any kind of motion control/stability shoe. I am a neutral runner! (I thought so, I didn't feeel like I was overpronating.)

Say hello to my new babies...
 I haven't run in them yet; I've learned my lesson. Apparently one can't just go running 1-2 miles like it's super easy after a long period of being immobile. (But those runners make it look so easyyyy!)  Fingers crossed that wearing the right shoes will fix my tendonitis pain and I can run again soon!

So if you're thinking about starting a running regimen, follow these 2 pieces of advice: Get your gait analyzed -- wearing the wrong shoes will hurt you. Start SLOWLY -- running too much too soon will hurt you.

No comments:

Post a Comment