Sunday, July 25, 2010

Week Without Coffee - Day 2

Yesterday was the day I started my week-long torture. Honestly, if I had more time and money, going a week without coffee would probably not have been on this list. But, it goes with the theme of challenging oneself, so I'll do it. Begrudgingly.

I started the day with a cup of black tea and cereal - blech. That combination is probably the saddest excuse for a breakfast. I figured, I plan to be indoors and catching up on old episodes of Beverly Hills 90210 (oh the 90s!), so why do I need the extra caffeine? The cereal was just because I was lazy. I don't know whether it was the cup of green tea later in the afternoon and a 2-hour nap after (or the fact that I was kind of hungover), but I never really felt awake until after dinnertime.

Today is Day 2. I plan to get some work and errands done, do a short run, and have a laidback dinner. It's 9 AM and I've had one cup of black tea. How many more to go? We'll see.

Midday Update: I've been up since 7:45AM, went to bed at 1AM last night and had 2 cups of black tea this morning. I ran one errand outside and I could use a nap right now. Dear god. A whole week of this. Time for some green tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment