Sunday, August 8, 2010

"Each step is one less step you have to take."

That's what an old-ish man told his running partner as she (and I) made the halfway mark at the Sgt. Keith A. Ferguson 5k this morning. Technically this wasn't my first 5k, but it was the first one I ran through its entirety -- no walking breaks!

Total time: 33:51 seconds. Bizarre, considering I ran/walked this one in about 31 minutes but I'm just glad I fought every urge to stop running and walk instead and finished it. One step at a time. Thanks for the advice, old runner man.

Speaking of old people, there were runners of all ages this morning. The female overall winner was a 16-year-old (ah, to be an energetic youth), while there were 70-79 year-olds who finished in less time than I did. To be honest, one of the things that kept me going was seeing kids as young as 6 and old people run past me. If they can do it, why can't I? (Also, kudos for being ridiculously fit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment