Saturday, September 4, 2010

You Can Do It Put Your Back Into It

For anyone who's ever doubted their capabilities, The New York Times has a profile of 69-year-old Cha Sa-soon from Korea who just got her driver's license after 960 attempts. Congrats, lady! She grew up in poverty, entered formal schooling late and never finished because a little thing called life got in the way, but still studied at dawn and late at night to pass the exam. Proof that if you put your mind and effort to something, it's going to get done.

I thought about putting "Get my driver's license" on this list, but I got realistic. I have to put everything on my calendar -- from dinner with friends to renewing library books -- just so I'd actually have time to do them. This isn't going to happen in the next 3 months (crap!). Cha had more trouble passing the written exam because of her literacy level, but I passed that part with flying colors (I'm a nerd, what can I say). It's the not-hitting-anything-with-a-vehicle part that I have trouble with. But it's good to know that, like this other stubborn Asian lady, with enough practice and determination, I can do it.

Also, I really hope a non-shooting related post would get rid of those Google ads that make it seem like I'm an NRA  member.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that last paragraph was funny :) By the way, my latest post in my blog is inspired by your blog! NyMinuteNow.com. Hope you had (or are still having) a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete