Saturday, January 21, 2012

Paycheck to Paycheck: A Shoe-Addict's Version

When I got my very first freelancing opportunity, I gave myself a little reward in the form of boots. Today, I bought another pair -- not because I got another gig, but because I've been thinking about these boots for a long time and finally decided to just freaking do it.

A part of me thinks dropping $100+ on a pair of rubber shoes is redonkulous, but another part of me thinks "Whatever, practical self. You're no fun." Good thing my paycheck from my latest freelance assignment came in just as I got home.

P.S. No, I haven't only bought two shoes since I first started doing freelance work.
P.P.S. No, I don't spend every freelance paycheck on shoes. Although, man, that's a life.

Also, just to make this a little less shallow:


“Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.”  ― Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment